Falling Film Evaporators
Falling film evaporators are designed by FBE with special care to meet a wide variety of specifications and duties of the final products. Having installed number of units worldwide during the last decade, FBE has acquired substantial experience and knowhow to comply with customer requirements
Salient Features of Falling Film Evaporator
- Liquid distribution is through distributor plates placed at top of calandria.
- The film is going with gravity.
- Thinner film formation throughout the tubes.
- Shorter product contact time.
- Concentration of highly-sensitive materials.
- Can be operated at much lower del T.
- The lower del T is favorable to vapor recompression and consequently the energy consumption is low.
- Concentration level can be achieved upto 45% TS.
- Useful for the concentration of milk, fuit juice, malt etc.
FBE designed falling film evaporators, especially for dairy industry feature items such as:
- Adjustable and controllable direct contact heat treatment units.
- Shortest possible residence time
- Special design to prevent bacteriological growth including thermophiles.
- Special design of liquid distribution systems to ensure correct tube coverage
- Extended tube length
- Efficient design of separators